Whether you’re selling your home to upgrade or downsize, having your house on the market can cause extra stress and cost valuable time and money. Week after week of making sure your house is presentable at all times, can cause extra stress for the entire family. And buyers are most interested in your home the first few weeks it’s on the market, which is the best opportunity to gain top dollar for your property. Here are just a few tips on making sure your house sells fast:
STEPS TO SELLING FAST
1. Declutter your home. First impressions make a big difference and buyers need to imagine themselves living in your home. The general rule is to get rid of a third of your stuff so start with closets, cupboards and the garage. Can’t part with it? Opt to get a storage unit and stash away all of the seasonal decorations, nostalgic items and gadgets you won’t be using. If you use a portable storing company, you can have it all delivered to your new home.
2. Find an agent to do the work. 87% of buyers recently purchased their home through a realtor, according to a 2018 report by the National Association of Realtors. Real Estate Agents can help you get maximum exposure to buyers by providing professional pictures, distributing your home on the local Multiple Listing Service and several real estate websites, create a virtual tour video for YouTube, create custom marketing tools and host open houses.
3. Price to Sell. You will need to determine a realistic asking price for your home. Your agent can help you strategize on the right price for your home which includes many factors. Time of year, interest rates, marketing conditions, knowing what houses have sold or are about to sell are all key elements in determining a price.
4. Make minor repairs. You don’t need to renovate your house, but making minor repairs will help you get top dollar for your home. Simple fixes like repairing leaky faucets, replacing light bulbs, replacing war our bedding and drapery, patching holes and fixing doors that don’t open properly will improve the overall look and feel of the home.
5. Make the house shine. Make your home warm and inviting by make sure your home shines from top to bottom. Cleaning carpets, windows, mirrors, bleaching grout and sinks, hanging fresh towels, adding a fresh coat of paint and even pressure- washing the outside of the house will help make that great first impression.
6. Stage your home. Before your agent has photos taken, take a look at your home with a fresh set of eyes. Hiring a professional stager can often highlight your homes strengths while downplaying it’s flaws. If budget is an issue, consider having a friend walk through (pick one who binges watches all the popular HGTV design shows) and offer ideas on any more decluttering or furniture rearrangement. Then your agent can offer their input before taking the listing photos that will be the buyer’s first impression!
7. Create curb appeal. Make the buyers want to stop and look inside. Add curb appeal by mowing the lawn, planting flowers, trimming bushes, cleaning sidewalks, add a new welcome mat.
8. Choose an experienced agent. When it comes to selling your home fast, not all realtors are equal. C21Hometown Realty is the central coast market leader with more homes listed and more homes sold than any other company. By using a C21 agent you can be assured that they have a track record of selling homes in your area. Also, C21’s proven marketing strategy will ensure your home stands out.
9. Negotiating the best deal. Getting an offer or multiple offers is just the beginning of what a C21 agent does for you. Once the offers come in, your C21 Agent will help you negotiate the best deal that can include price, down payment amount, contingency requests, closing and occupancy dates and much more.
A lot goes into selling your home fast and choosing the right real estate company can make all the difference. Put your trust into a C21 Hometown Realty Agent who can walk you through the step-by-step process of selling your home and help you sell it fast!
About CENTURY 21 Hometown Realty – Hometown Realty is the leading real estate firm on the central coast of California with offices spanning Santa Barbara County and San Luis Obispo county offering expert agents and convenient locations.